Type: white wine
Vintage: 2018
ABV: 13.00%
Grapes: Pinot Bianco
Producer: Franz Haas
Bottle size: 75cl
Tasting notes
This wine is straw yellow in colour. Its fruity, spicy aromas are reminiscent of ripe apples, field flowers and fresh bread crust. Strong yet elegant in structure, this Pinot Bianco has well-balanced acidity and is framed by a sweet, round richness and great length.

Pinot Bianco Lepus

From: £22.44

The Haas family has been growing grapes in Montagna in the province of Bolzano in the Alto Adige for generations. However, it is only with Franz, the current proprietor, that they have begun to produce and bottle quality wines. Franz studied at Geisenheim before working as a broker of Italian wines into the German market. After several years, he took over the running of the family business. Franz Haas goes to tremendous lengths to grow good grapes and then strives to preserve the flavours of the fruit during winemaking. As a result, the wines that he produces are infused with great character and show a rare purity and balance on the palate.
Although the climate is Mediterranean rather than continental, the summers are very hot and the winters are quite cold, as the weather is not moderated by any nearby water. Grapes are grown in three different vineyard sites on the hillsides of the village of Montagna. The sites range from 400-700 metres above sea level. All the vineyards are south-west facing, planted on soils that vary dramatically from one vineyard to the other. ‘Lepus’ is the Latin name for ‘hare’ and is part of the Haas family crest.
70% of the must was fermented in temperature-controlled, stainless-steel vats, with the remaining 30% being vinified in small oak barriques. Part of the wine underwent malolactic fermentation. The Pinot Bianco was aged on its lees for about five months before bottling to add complexity and body.

SKU 61135 Category Tag


There are no reviews yet.

Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.