free delivery throughout england for orders over £150

0
5/5
Region

Closure

Type: red wine
Vintage: 2018
ABV: 12.5%
Grapes: Frappato
Producer: Arianna Occhipinti
Bottle size: 75cl
Tasting notes
Il Frappato Arianna Occhipinti, biodynamic wine, intense red from Sicily, 100% Frappato, lingering and complex yet very elegant. Long known as a blending grape, Frappato, in the hands of Arianna Occhipinti, is an extraordinary wine. Light in colour yet remarkable in complexity with notes of cherry, raspberry and white pepper, this wine shows the cool climate characteristics that can be found in Sicily.

Frappato

From: £37.53

70% of the Frappato is macerated for two months on its skins, while the other 30% stays on its skins for eight months. The fluidity, the ever changing character of this wine is truly remarkable. Every time you think you have it pinned down, it throws something else at you. Here you are smelling cherries, and in come the figs, the raisins, before a whiff of fresh-cooked strawberries runs by. Pepper? Or is that smoke? Or maybe dried leaves. Or… no, maybe more blood orange. And then there’s that floral character. A little volatile acidity is there, but it gets completely swallowed up by the swirl of aromas that keeps dancing around in the glass. An outstanding glass of wine which will keep you reaching for the bottle.

Arianna Occhipinti is the niece of COS winemaker Guisto Occhipinti, so has winemaking in her blood. Her estate lies near to Vittoria, just off the SP68 road which lends its name to some of her wines. Guided by her uncle, she’s been making wine here for well over ten years now. All the vineyards are worked using biodynamic principals and she takes a non-interventionalist approach in the cellar, allowing the wine to find its own space. Only natural yeasts are used, no temperature control, no fining or filtration and minimal SO2 at bottling. Many would say Arianna is now rivalling her Uncle for quality and certainly her wines are excellent. She works with Nero d’Avola, Frappato, Zibbibo, as well as some other local varieties.

SKU 63246 Category Tag
If I Have a Question?

Our team are available to answer your questions 7 days a week. You can contact us on the online chat, email us at office@maridelidining.com or call us on +44 20 7041 9251

Delivery and Returns

Your order will be processed on the same day and be delivered by DHL within 2 working days. DHL deliver to your home or to your preferred relay point.

Pay And Collect

If you live in London or the surrounding area you can choose the pay and collect option. You don’t pay any delivery costs and we will prepare your order for your arrival. One call to tell us the time and date of your arrival and your order will be waiting for you.

If I Change my Mind ?

If you want to change or cancel your order you have 24hrs from the time of ordering. After this your order will be dispatched, and in order to get a refund you will need to send the package back to us.

AUTHENTIC ITALIAN

Mari Deli & Dining offers a wide range of fine food, from cheeses to homemade pasta dishes, from organic vegetables to salami and prosciutto – not to mention some great Italian coffee and homemade ice cream! We are situated at the Hammersmith end of Chiswick Mall, one of the loveliest areas in London.

AWARDS 2022

In December 2022 Mari Deli & Dining won Best Business for Hospitality and Leisure in the West London Chambers of Commerce Awards! We are grateful to all of our customers, supporters and team members for making this possible.

BEST PRODUCTS

All of our products are carefully selected from the best farmers and artisans in Italy and brought to you. 

Scroll to Top

Panettone

LOVERS

christmas offer

We really dedicate a lot of passion to this sweet symbol of Christmas and of the Italian spirit. Our fantastic dessert is full of quality ingredients and we use production techniques wich can only result in a wonderful  product.