free delivery throughout england for orders over £150
La Rocca’ is golden yellow in the glass, with intense, concentrated perfumes that follow through to the palate. On the nose, classic La Rocca aromas of nuts and exotic fruits lead to an elegant and beautifully balanced palate, with notes of spice and a long finish. The long finish has a light mineral edge.
La Rocca DOC Soave Classico
Pieropan’s estate covers 58 hectares of vineyard which are situated on the stony hills of Soave Classico. The Pieropan family has been producing wines in Soave since the 1890s. Indeed, they were the first producer to bottle a wine with the name Soave on the label in the early 1930s. Nino Pieropan took over from his father in 1970 and was the first producer in Soave to make a single-vineyard wine, ‘Calvarino’, in 1971. Nino’s two sons, Andrea and Dario, took over the running of the estate in 2017 when Nino fell ill and before he passed away in April 2018. From the 2015 vintage onwards, all Pieropan wines are organically certified.
The grapes were grown in the vineyard of ‘La Rocca’, which takes its name from the adjacent medieval castle and fortress (“La Rocca”) that dominated the town of Soave, just east of Verona. The soil in La Rocca is unique in Soave in that it is a limestone outcrop (the same soil as in Valpolicella Classico) in a sea of basalt. Because of this soil, the family feels they get sufficient ripeness in the Garganega to make a wine solely from this variety.
The selection of the grapes is made in the vineyard, before arriving in the cellar. After gentle, whole-bunch pressing using a nitrogen press, there was a short period of maceration on the skins followed by fermentation at 20ºC in stainless steel tanks and 500 litre oak casks. 60% of the wine remained in 500-litre oak casks while the remaining 40% was aged in 2,000 litre ‘botti’ or large barrels for one year. The wine was then aged for four months in bottle before release.
Our team are available to answer your questions 7 days a week. You can contact us on the online chat, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 20 7041 9251
Your order will be processed on the same day and be delivered by DHL within 2 working days. DHL deliver to your home or to your preferred relay point.
If you live in London or the surrounding area you can choose the pay and collect option. You don’t pay any delivery costs and we will prepare your order for your arrival. One call to tell us the time and date of your arrival and your order will be waiting for you.
If you want to change or cancel your order you have 24hrs from the time of ordering. After this your order will be dispatched, and in order to get a refund you will need to send the package back to us.
Mari Deli & Dining offers a wide range of fine food, from cheeses to homemade pasta dishes, from organic vegetables to salami and prosciutto – not to mention some great Italian coffee and homemade ice cream! We are situated at the Hammersmith end of Chiswick Mall, one of the loveliest areas in London.
In December 2022 Mari Deli & Dining won Best Business for Hospitality and Leisure in the West London Chambers of Commerce Awards! We are grateful to all of our customers, supporters and team members for making this possible.
All of our products are carefully selected from the best farmers and artisans in Italy and brought to you.